The Family Caregiver Program assists caregiver's who have taken on the task of providing full- or part-time care for a loved one. The Program provides services relevant to the caregiver’s individual needs, allowing him / her to provide quality care to their loved one. The services provided are as follows:
- Respite Care allows caregiver's to take time for themselves and tend to their own needs.
- Information and Assistance related to insurance, local resources, and helpful caregiving tips based on individualized needs.
- Support Groups that meet monthly in Clay, Effingham, Fayette, Jefferson, and Marion counties.
- Training and Education is available within the support groups as well as notification of related events, health fairs, and conferences within the area.
- One-on-one Consultation and Counseling is available in person by appointment, over phone, or during library resource hours in each of the five counties.
- Access to free information through the Trualta training platform. Trualta provides articles and videos related to topics such as dementia care, transition from nursing to home care, and mobility and fall prevention to help improve caregiver knowledge. Access Trualta here: https://heartlandhs.trualta.com/login
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (GRG)
The Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Program is designed for any individual raising a child they did not intend to. There are monthly support groups in each of the five counties (Clay, Effingham, Fayette, Jefferson, Marion) that provide support, education, respite, and access to additional resources. For more information, contact the GRG Support Group Facilitator at (217) 347-7179 ext. 1062.
Information & Assistance (I & A)
The information and assistance Program assists in directing clients to a variety of services based on client's needs and concerns. The Information and Assistance Specialist offers assistance in filling out applications for programs such as; Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, Benefit Access, Medicaid, SNAP, Extra Help, and more. The I & A specialist also assists with legal aid, provided by Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance. Legal Aide is a service provided once a month in Effingham County to help individuals create Power of Attorney and General Wills. There is no fee for any of the services but donations are appreciated. For more information or to make an appointment, call (217) 347-7179 ext. 1038.